Friday, August 31, 2007

US Open day five quotes

"I am totally exhausted. I have no energy. I just smelt my shoes - they are so stinky but it's always good to win those matches."
A shattered Novak Djokovic struggles to put one (smelly) foot in front of the other after his five-set marathon with Radek Stepanek

"They love the showtime."
Unlikely showman Stepanek on his newfound fan club in New York

"That's life. People are getting together, they are leaving each other."
Stepanek takes the philosophical view on his break-up with Martina Hingis

"He told me I couldn't use my notes. I was like, well, it's not like I'm Harry Potter, and my dad can magically gives me notes to read. It's something that I write myself."
Serena Williams takes umbrage at the umpire for banning her from looking at her notes on the basis that it would contravene coaching rules

"I cannot live without my watch. I never saw another player playing with a watch. But I always keep my watch. I sleep with it. I take my shower. Everything."
A fascinating insight into Justine Henin's mindset

"I froze. It had a lot to do with nerves."
Mardy Fish explains how he went from leading 4-1 to losing 6-4 in the fifth set against Tommy Robredo

"Let my wife down or let my country down..."
Tim Henman on the decision he will face if his third baby arrives late. It is due before Britain's Davis Cup tie against Croatia

"I came to the court like I was going to a picnic."
Jelena Jankovic on her carefree approach to playing 17-year-old Alize Cornet. Jankovic won in three sets

Source: BBC Sport

No comments: