Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bolton sign Davis from Portsmouth

Sean Davis
Davis joined Portsmouth from Tottenham in January 2006

Bolton have signed Sean Davis on a free transfer - six months after Portsmouth rejected their £3.5m bid for the former England under-21 midfield man.

The 29-year-old moves to Bolton on a three-year contract after his Fratton Park deal expired.

Bolton boss Gary Megson said: "Sean made 40 appearances last season and he will strengthen our midfield.

"We wanted to bring him to the Reebok in January but our bid of £3.5m was turned down by Portsmouth."

Megson added: "We are delighted to have signed such an experienced Premier League footballer.

London-born Davis has made nearly 200 top-flight appearances with Fulham, Tottenham and Portsmouth. He won 12 England under-21 international caps between 2000 and 2002.

"I am happy my future has been sorted out," he told www.bwfc.co.uk. "I wanted to move to a club where I can play my football and be appreciated.

"Bolton showed genuine interest in January and that was hugely encouraging. It is an exciting opportunity not just for me but my family as well. I want to enjoy my football and take the club forward."

Meanwhile, Noe Pamarot, Lauren, Glen Little, Djimi Traore and Jerome Thomas have all been released by Pompey while Kanu is considering a new contract after his expired and former England defender Sol Campbell could also discuss a further deal with the club.

No comments: