Thursday, August 30, 2007

US Open quotes

Flushing Meadows, New York, 27 August-9 September

"I'm lucky enough to get my birthday wish every year, which is to play at the US Open."
Andy Roddick, celebrating his 25th birthday, knows how to get the crowd on his side

"Very consistent. Solid. Does everything well. He's got a good serve. Forehand, backhand is good. He moves well."
Hyung-Taik Lee sounds like a world-beater if Andy Murray's verdict is anything to go by

"It's impossible for me to play a tennis game in three sets. I can't. I really can't play this match. I'm sure you understand."
Richard Gasquet responds to repeated questions about why his fever prevented him from playing his match

"Try to win."
Martina Hingis explains her tiebreak strategy

"I don't see the draw. I don't want to see it. I don't care. I don't know."
Svetlana Kuznetsova claims she doesn't know she's in the opposite half of the draw to most of title rivals

Source: BBC Sport

No comments: