Dates: 9-16 November Starts: 0600/1000 GMT daily Coverage: Live on Sky Sports; live text commentaries on BBC Sport website; every match live on Radio 5 Live sports extra
|
Djokovic won his first Grand Slam title in Australia in January
|
World number three Novak Djokovic made a winning start at the Masters Cup in Shanghai with a straight-sets win over Juan Martin del Potro.
The Serbian, who has been struggling for form in recent months, battled past Argentina's Del Potro 7-5 6-3 in the first match of the Gold Group.
Nikolay Davydenko takes on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Sunday's other match.
Andy Murray will play Andy Roddick in the Red Group on Monday, after Roger Federer faces Gilles Simon.
Djokovic scored hismaiden win in the season-ending showpiece after losing all three round-robin matches last year.
"Last year I didn't have a lot of success, I lost every single match I played, but this time is different," he said.
No comments:
Post a Comment