Match starts Sunday 0330 GMT
|
Sidebottom continues his recovery programme with football practice
|
England bowler Ryan Sidebottom will miss the first match of the tour of India on Sunday as he tries to shake off a niggling Achilles injury.
The Nottinghamshire seamer suffered a series of injuries in the summer, and the problem could keep him out of start of the one-day internationals.
"I feel really good but the medical staff don't want to risk me," he said.
Meanwhile, Ravi Bopara starts ahead of Luke Wright in Sunday's 12-a-side warm-up against Mumbai Cricket Association.
|
I feel that I've got a fight on my hands now to get my place back
Jimmy Anderson
|
England have one more warm-up match against a Mumbai side on Tuesday before the seven-game one-day international series starts on Friday.
Sidebottom added: "I have bowled a little bit and I've been working on a few technical things.
|
606: DEBATE
|
"I've had a bad time with injuries but there's nothing you can do about it - you've just got to get on with it.
"Steve (Harmison) and 'Fred' (Flintoff) have come back into the team and are both bowling well and I'm just happy to be part of this bowling unit and hope I can push for a place."
Sidebottom returned to the England team in style last year with 76 wickets in 17 Tests before his injury problems started.
While Sidebottom works on his fitness, seamer Jimmy Anderson is looking to impress captain Kevin Pietersen and the selectors ahead of the one-dayers against India after being omitted from the side that lost to the Stanford Superstars.
"Having been left out for the Stanford game I feel that I've got a fight on my hands now to get my place back," said 26-year-old Anderson.
"I've been in this position before when I've been fighting for a place in the team and you've got to take every chance that you get."
England: K Pietersen, I Bell, M Prior, O Shah, A Flintoff, P Collingwood, R Bopara, S Patel, S Broad, G Swann, S Harmison, J Anderson.
No comments:
Post a Comment