LATEST SCORES
Racing Santander 0-0 Man City (1945 GMT)
Tottenham 0-0 Spartak Moscow (1945 GMT)
|
606: DEBATE
|
|
By Paul Fletcher
|
1947: The game is under way in Spain between Racing Santander and Man City.
1945: Spartak are wearing red tonight, Tottenham white. The home side have made a pretty good start, knocking the ball around very nicely.
1940: Not long until kick-off and excitement containment is becoming a genuine issue.
1937: (See 1927) "A time machine so we could start our season from scratch with Harry in charge from the outset. Top four no sweat!"
sharpspursman on 606
Join the debate on 606
"My beloved Albion team to make a fist of things for once in the Premier League woudn't be a bad present off Santa....oh...I forgot he didn't do miracles."
Baggieal on 606
Join the debate on 606
"A Robbie Keane hat-trick."
Luke, bored at work, Exeter, via text on 81111
"Affordable tickets at the lane, please."
George, currently procrastinating in my office, via text on 81111
"Aberdeen beating Celtic and Rangers in consecutive weekends in January. That could be my Christmas and Birthday (Jan 1) all rolled into one."
Dennis Law, Aberdeen, Scotland, via text on 81111
Not asking much then you lot.
1931: Teams in full
Tottenham: Gomes, Gunter, Zokora, Dawson, Gilberto, Bentley, Huddlestone, O'Hara, Bale, Modric, Campbell. Subs: Cesar, Lennon, Assou-Ekotto, Bostock, Parrett, Dervite, Obika.
Spartak Moscow: Pletikosa, Parshivlyuk, Fathi, Jiranek, Rodriguez, Shishkin, Kovalchuk, Ryzhkov, Maloyan, Saenko, Dzjuba. Subs: Dzanaev, Stranzl, Zotov, Grigorev, Bazhenov, Pavlenko, Prudnikov.
And
Racing Santander: Coltorti, Valera, Garay, Cesar Navas, Marcano, Munitis, Colsa, Luccin, Oscar Serrano, Tchite, Jonathan Pereira. Subs: Mario, Juanjo, Goncalves, Pinillos, Christian, Lacen, Bedia.
Man City: Schmeichel, Zabaleta, Richards, Ben-Haim, Garrido, Hamann, Fernandes, Vassell, Elano, Robinho, Evans. Subs: Hart, Onuoha, Ball, Ireland, Logan, Kompany, Caicedo.
1930: Just to confirm Darren Bent has tonsillitis and Roman Pavlyuchenko is cup-tied against the side he joined Spurs from.
1927: If Santa could bring you any football-related present what would it be?
1925: "Just got into White Hart Lane. 3-0 win for Spurs tonight Fletch. Bale free-kick and two Campbell goals. Sorted. Its cold! Send my wishes to the Cheese."
Sunil via text on 81111
I'll be back in 10. Just popping down the bookies.
1920: Just for the record Tottenham defender Gilberto is making his first appearance under manager Harry Redknapp. With the January transfer window opening soon it would probably be a good time to make a good impression.
1919: "I haven't even started my Xmas shopping yet, and I'm working up until the 23rd."
Alex Kingston via text on 81111
Should there be a comma between Alex and Kingston or do we have a famous following? I know what my money is on.
1918: Team news
Man City make seven changes from the side that lost to Everton on Saturday. Kasper Schmeichel replaces Joe Hart in goal, Tal Ben-Haim comes in at centre-back in place of captain Richard Dunne - who has not travelled to Spain because his wife gave birth this week - and Javier Garrido takes Michael Ball's spot at left-back.
In midfield, Gelson Fernandes, Didi Hamann and Darius Vassell replace Vincent Kompany, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Stephen Ireland, while, in the absence of the injured Benjani, Ched Evans plays up front alongside Robinho.
1915: "Put nothing on it, I am useless at predicting:
Racing Santander 2-1 Man City
Tottenham 1-2 Spartak Moscow."
Thanks Alot BBC7 on 606
Join the debate on 606
I'm useless at predicting too but I reckon it will be a night of triumph for our brave boys in Europe when we let those fellas across the water know exactly how good our young lads are.
1912: "With so many players out I can't wait to see Fraizer Campbell shine, he looks a real talent."
Stu, Glasgow, via text on 81111
If you ask the fair people of Hull they will probably say good things about him.
1910: Hey kids, don't forget if you're out and about later, you can still follow this text commentary and get all the scores on your mobile. Oh yes.
From a UK phone, just text FOOTBALL to 81010, it will cost you 10 to 15p and you will receive in return a link to our mobile site. Click on that, and you'll be straight through (then bookmark it so you never need to text that number again). The cost of being online on your phone will vary according to network and your own contract.
1907: The lay of the land tonight?
Man City are already through and Tottenham, well, Harry Redknapp's team are almost there.
Totenham can even afford to lose 1-0 and still know they will go through.
However, if they lose by two goals or more, opponents Spartak Moscow will finish above them - and Spurs will be in big trouble if NEC manage to beat Udinese by two goals.
And I need to finish my Christmas shopping. Pronto.
1905: "Come on City! Lets beat those Spaniards!"
TopClassCitizen on 606
Join the debate on 606
I'm not sure they will all be Spanish.
1903: Team news
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp makes six changes from Saturday's draw against Manchester United. In come Chris Gunter, Gilberto, Tom Huddlestone, Jamie O'Hara, Gareth Bale and Fraizer Campbell for Vedran Corluka, Jonathan Woodgate, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Jermaine Jenas, Aaron Lennon and Roman Pavlyuchenko.
1900 GMT: I'd like to start with a short message to Caroline Cheese.
The Queen of live text has alas succumbed to illness, hence I have stepped into the breach. So on behalf of everyone I'd like to wish Miss Cheese a speedy recovery.
Ill over Christmas - that is not great chat. Just ask half the management in our office.
In fact, while I'm at it I'd like to wish my wife, also called Caroline, a speedy recovery from her illness as well.
Now, down to the football....
No comments:
Post a Comment