Friday, May 1, 2009

Fuller claims slap helped Stoke

Ricardo Fuller
Fuller was sent off at Upton Park for slapping his captain Andy Griffin

Stoke City striker Ricardo Fuller believes that his red card at West Ham for hitting his own captain has had a positive effect on their season.

Fuller, 29, was sent off for slapping skipper Andy Griffin in the Potters' 2-1 defeat at Upton Park in December.

He told BBC Radio Stoke: "It's one of those things. It's done and dusted, and it's made us stronger as a unit.

"Sometimes in life, negatives can bring about positives, and I'm pleased that we've got by it in a positive way."

The Jamaica international added: "Me and Griff have no problem at all now. We speak and we get on well. There's no malice there, and it's all good."

The 29-year-old has also had to overcome a dislocated shoulder that he suffered at Sunderland in February, but he thinks he will come through of his problems as a stronger person.

"I am a lion," said Fuller. "I don't know any better. I'll fight until the end and I'll keep proving people wrong.

"If you don't take your chances in life, you won't take anything. Football is about taking chances.

606: DEBATE

"I've always been a player with lots of passion and loads of emotion, and I want to win every game I play. I'll never change."

Despite his injuries, suspensions, and time away with the Jamaican national team, Fuller is still Stoke's top scorer this season with eight goals.

No comments: