Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Djokovic beats Lu to reach semis

Wimbledon Championships
Venue: All England Club, London Date: 21 June - 4 July
Coverage:
Live on BBC One and Two, HD, Red Button, BBC Sport website (UK only), Radio 5 live, 5 live sports extra; live text commentary online and on mobile phones. Full details of BBC coverage

Third seed Novak Djokovic on his way to victory over Yen-Hsun Lu at Wimbledon
Djokovic last reached the Wimbledon semi-finals in 2007

By Ian Westbrook
BBC Sport at Wimbledon

Novak Djokovic produced a powerful display to end the run of unseeded Yen-Hsun Lu with a 6-3 6-2 6-2 win which secured a place in the semi-finals.

The third seed's serve dominated and he did not face a single break point against the world number 82.

Lu played well but was no match for Djokovic, who is in the last four at Wimbledon for the second time.

One break of serve in the first set and two in each of the second and third gave the Serb a comfortable victory.

Djokovic was delighted with his performance, telling BBC Sport: "Nothing is easy these days especially at this stage of the tournament but the way I played I deserved to win. I hit all the shots, played the rallies and was solid from all parts of the court and I am very happy.

"I sincerely hope I can continue with this level of my game but you never know how you are going to wake up in two days but the way I am playing match after match is very encouraging.

"You have nothing to lose in the semi-finals and definitely this time I am physically fitter than in my last one three years ago."

Djokovic showed his intentions right from the start with a love service game - one of three he produced in the opening set - and it was obvious that Lu would need to avoid being broken to have a chance of staying in the contest.

More to follow.

tadalafil uk | online pharmacy without prescription

No comments: