Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hatton fighting career is 'done'

Ricky Hatton
Hatton last fought in May 2009

Former light-welterweight world champion Ricky Hatton has revealed he is unlikely to fight again.

The 31-year-old who also won the WBA welterweight title has not fought since losing to Manny Pacquiao in May 2009.

Hatton told BBC Radio Manchester: "You can never say never, but if I was to put my last pound on it I would say 'no, I think that's me done'.

"I'm doing the promoting now and my goal is to try and make champions of my fighters," he added.

"I've been retired, if that's what you can call it, for 16 months.

"I announced I was going to make a comeback and I came back off holiday and went into a training camp for three or four weeks, but it just wasn't the same.

"I've renewed my licence just in case one day I do wake up and think 'come on lets give it another go'.

"I think the licence off the top of my head is £60, so I think if I pay that and one day let's give it one more go then I am in a position to do so."

After being defeated by Floyd Mayweather for the WBC world welterweight title in December 2007 questions were raised about whether Hatton should fight again.

He returned to light-welterweight, beating Juan Lazcano at the City of Manchester Stadium in May 2008, and went on to defeat Pauli Malignaggi in Las Vegas six months later.

But his career reached another crossroads when he was knocked out by Pacquiao in the second round of their IBO world title fight.

Potenshöjande medel - potenshöjande medel

No comments: