Saturday, September 4, 2010

Spratt facing season on sidelines

Jonathan Spratt
Spratt was injured in the Ospreys' first pre-season friendly

Ospreys and Wales centre Jonathan Spratt is battling to play again this season after knee ligament surgery.

The 24-year-old had only recently returned to action after missing most of last season with a back injury.

But the two-cap man was hurt in the Ospreys' first pre-season friendly, last month's 22-58 win over a Regional Select XV in Aberavon.

"It will be a long process for him, he is already back in the treatment room," said Ospreys head physio Chris Towers.

"We will work as hard as we can to get him back towards the end of the season.

"If we are going to achieve that target, he is aware that he will have to put in a lot of hard work with the medical team, but we will give him all the support he needs."

Spratt won his two caps on last summer's tour of North America, and also made an impression in New Zealand where he spent time with Taranaki in 2008.

"Obviously I'm really disappointed to be out injured again but I can't afford to let it get to me" said Spratt.

"I was really looking forward to the new season and hopefully getting some game time under my belt to make up for last year, and was really enjoying pre-season until this happened.

"You can't do anything about these things, you just have to take it on the chin and focus on getting back in the right shape.

"I've got the best medical and conditioning team I could want to help me, and I've got to be optimistic about playing again as soon as possible."

Potenshöjande medel - köp cilais online

No comments: