Thursday, November 4, 2010

Alexander signs new Rangers deal

Rangers goalkeeper Neil Alexander
Alexander hopes to add to his medal haul with Rangers

Rangers goalkeeper Neil Alexander has signed a contract extension that will keep him at the Scottish champions until the summer of 2013.

The 32-year-old has been second choice behind Allan McGregor since he moved to Ibrox in January 2008.

"I hadn't won a lot before I came to Rangers and now I have won every domestic honour going," he said.

"I have worked my whole career to get to a club like Rangers, so why would I want to be in a hurry to leave?"

Despite his back-up status at Ibrox, Alexander has played in four cup finals for Walter Smith's side.

"Obviously, I would like to play more, but I feel I have been involved in more matches than I thought I would," Alexander told the club website.

"I have played 42 matches and if I had been told that would happen before I signed then I would have been delighted.

"Hopefully, I can continue to get games in the next three years."

Potenshöjande medel -

No comments: