Monday, August 31, 2009

Boyd scotches Rangers exit talk

Rangers striker Kris Boyd
Boyd has no intention of leaving Rangers this season

Kris Boyd has vowed to ignore transfer speculation after being linked with Trabzonspor and Hertha Berlin.

The Rangers striker, who scored a double in Saturday's 4-1 win over Hamilton, wants to remain at Ibrox.

"There's been a bit of speculation but I don't pay any attention to it," the 25-year-old told the club website.

The striker's agent Mark Donaghy told BBC Scotland there was interest from Turkey, but added that he did not expect Boyd to leave Ibrox.

Boyd rejected a move to Birmingham City in January, when he was not playing regularly under manager Walter Smith.

Since then he has regained his first-team place and his goalscoring form is reportedly attracting interest from other clubs ahead of Tuesday's transfer deadline.

I'm not bothered about the contract situation

Kris Boyd

However, Boyd, whose contract expires next summer, said he was content at Ibrox.

"The thing for me was to get myself back in the team and back on the scoresheet. That's what I've done," he said.

"I'm not bothered about the contract situation because the most important thing was to get back in the team and back among the goals.

"There's not much else I can do after that. Whatever happens, happens. I'll just keep my head down and take things from there."

Smith revealed at the weekend that no-one at the club is currently being offered a contract extension, with his own deal due to expire in January.

No comments: